We hope that everyone enjoyed the Halloween festivities on Sunday — we have some mighty clever raisers with some creative costuming! Be sure to check out the photos on our website to see the photos if you missed the meeting. Many thanks to our judges: Ursula, Deborah, and Robert. Thank you to all who brought the adorable prizes! And congratulations to our winners:
- Theme: Summer, Spring, Winter, Fall – Spring, Morrisey. Hensley and Marianne
- Group: Delancey – Wizard of Oz
- Name: Wes – Wes Side Story
- Scariest: Gabby – Spider
- Creative: Newley – Grandmother with Little Red Riding hood
- Theme: Revel – Out of Africa
- Creative: Mariannna – Leaves
- Cutest: Taipei – Super Breeder
- Name: January – Winter dress
Best CC/retired Guide:
- Local Sports Fan: Picasso
- Pirate: Taft
Reminders for everyone regarding Halloween activities:
- Your puppy (or any dog) may be overwhelmed by the costumes and decorations — proceed slowly and give your puppy time to figure out what is being looked at
- On Halloween evening, keep your puppy calm and away from the door or other activities that may be overwhelming or overstimulating. It’s hard to focus on training (rewarding calm behavior) while answering the door! It’s ok that your puppy is in another room or in the crate.
- Beware of holiday chocolate which is toxic to dogs. Please refer to these websites for more information: WebMD: Top 10 Dog Poisons, ASPCA Poison Control Center, AVMA Pet First Aid
- Contact your vet immediately if you suspect your puppy has ingested something toxic, and then call your leader. You can also contact the National Animal Poison Control Center (they do charge for the call): (888) 426-4435
Our next meeting will be November 9th; we are expecting Tami to join us.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Linda, Mardie, Lester, Robin, Warren